January 12, 2021
Meet the Team – Marc Gudowitz, Managing Director of The Long Island Region
By Achim Neumann
- Marc, where did you grow up? I grew up in East Rockaway, NY initially and then moved to Hewlett, NY during my high school years but always considered myself a Lynbrook guy since I was part of the Lynbrook school district and attended Lynbrook High School.
- Where did you study for college? I attended SUNY Albany for my first two years of college and transferred to Hofstra University in Hempstead, NY when my father became ill to help in the family business and be there for my family. I worked in the company while attending college and graduated with a BBA in Marketing.
- What was the first job you had out of college? What was the most important lesson you learned there that has stuck with you for your entire professional career? My first job out of college was with Swank, Inc., a men’s accessory company. I started as a sales assistant and quickly moved up to key account manager for national accounts. I learned many things at Swank but maybe the most important was that hard work and being a true team player does pay off.
- What drew you to working with A Neumann and Associates? After doing extensive research and speaking with Achim and the ANA team, their organized, straight-forward and client first approach was one that I knew I wanted to be a part of.
- What counties and states do you represent? I handle Nassau county, Suffolk county, Brooklyn and Queens in NY.
- What do you feel makes your region unique compared to others? (tax benefits, special laws, etc.)? Long Island is unique because of its proximity to New York City. That is one of the things I love about Long Island. This access to the greatest city in the world combined with great beaches, wineries and its diverse combination of suburban and urban living makes Long Island one of the best places in the world to live and build a business.
- What do you find is the biggest challenge in your region compared to others? I am not sure there is a larger challenge in my region compared to others. Every company, every client and every deal have their own nuances regardless of the location. Knowing this and being able to react to the specific needs of the client is what makes A Neumann and Associates uniquely qualified to deliver a successful outcome.
- What do you find is the biggest advantage working in your region compared to others? Being born and bred on Long Island, I feel that knowing the area, the economics and the people is absolutely an advantage. Being a part of the community allows me to better understand the landscape and needs of each client. Then when you include the incredible professionals at A. Neumann and Associates, LLC along with their vast network and expertise, we have the ideal team to service the Long Island area.
- What do you find is the biggest advantage working in your region compared to others? See above.
- What do you think is the most underrated opportunity in your region? Having a professional, independent valuation from a certified firm is one of the most underrated aspects of our business. Most people only consider getting a valuation when they are looking to sell, however, a valuation can be a useful tool when planning your exit strategy even if it is many years out. They can also help in assessing your company’s performance, optimizing debt or in estate planning. A Neumann and Associates will help you prepare for your independent valuation and then will thoroughly review the results with you when completed.
- What is the most rewarding experience you’ve had working in your region? Being able to help business owners form and execute their exit strategies is extremely rewarding. I don’t think I can pick one over the others.
- Best advice for someone considering selling a business in your region Do your research and make sure you pick the right team to guide you through the process which will be one of the most important transactions of your life. As tempting as it may be to attempt to sell on your own, seek professional guidance. There are so many aspects of the process that that need to be properly managed. Having the right team in your corner will pay for itself many times over. I am proud to say that A Neuman and Associates is that team.
- Best advice for someone considering buying a business in your region. When buying a business, you will want to work with an organization that has the network and focus to bring you the opportunities that are right for you. A Neumann and Associates is structured to do just that.
You can read more about Marc Here!
About A Neumann & Associates, LLC
A Neumann & Associates, LLC is a professional mergers & acquisitions and business brokerage firm having assisted business owners and buyers in the business valuation and business transfer process through its affiliations for the past 30 years. With an A+ Better Business Bureau rating, the company has senior trusted professionals with a deep knowledge based in multiple field offices along the East Coast and has performed hundreds of business valuations in its history. The firm’s competitive transaction fees are based on successfully completing transactions. For more information, please contact A Neumann & Associates at 732-872-6777 or email@example.com