April 14, 2020
Business Intermediaries: Why You Should Use Them!
By Achim Neumann
The process of getting the best deal in business acquisition negotiations is something that most buyers will have little or no practical experience with. Without this knowledge, it is unlikely that a buyer will possess the expertise required to perform a superior asset valuation, assess business growth potential or negotiate the terms and clauses in a sale contract. For these reasons, bringing in the professional knowledge and expertise of a qualified Business Intermediary is a wise decision when beginning the process of buying any business. Here are just a few of the ways that a unique skill set of a Business Intermediary can aid buyers:
- The business acquisition process is complex and requires a lot of attention to detail. A Business Intermediary will guide a buyer through this process, ensuring that the numbers are evaluated properly, approvals are in place and the purchase is structured so that it offers protection to the buyer. Whether you are a first-time buyer or have purchased several other businesses in the past, the experience of someone who specializes in this process is invaluable when it comes to protecting your interests.
- A Business Intermediary will help a buyer identify the business that makes the most sense to purchase for his/her particular circumstances. With access to an extensive inventory of potential sellers, the Business Intermediary will take the time to learn about your background, preferences, strengths and weaknesses and work to help you decide which option is best suited to you. A Business Intermediary will hold a wide range of knowledge and experience which spans different industries to help you locate the right business to approach with regards to a sale.
- Business Intermediaries will leave no stone unturned when it comes to completing business valuations. A Business Intermediary will help to assess the business’ financial viability, will help to validate its legal status with the Secretary of State and calculate brand strength across a number of platforms, including social media, website(s), print advertising and networking. They will factor in the full range of ratios, trends, comparables and addbacks into their calculations to achieve a valuation that is a close to “perfect” as possible.
- The services of a Business Intermediary are an essential tool for negotiating the deal that is the most advantageous to a buyer. Working as a buffer between the buyer and seller, the Business Intermediary promotes open and constructive discussions between both parties. An experienced Intermediary will instinctively be aware of which issues are priorities for both parties and know how to put together a financial package that meets the needs of the seller without compromising on the issues that are important to the buyer.
- A Business Intermediary will be able to present a buyer with the full range of financing options available to them in their circumstances. The Business Intermediary will also have useful contacts across a broad range of sectors so that you have all bases covered as the transaction goes through, including insurance brokers, CPAs, merchant services and marketing firms.
- A Business Intermediary will help you to minimize costs associated with the eventual closing process. The Intermediary will have all the forms and documents already on hand which are necessary to make an offer, formalize clauses and contingencies, obtain assurances over asset transfers and settle on a final transaction contract.
Before you commit to contracting a Business Intermediary, you should first consider the following:
At A. Neumann & Associates LLC, we specialize in helping clients carry out business acquisition deals. We are one of the most successful and reliable brokerage firms in the country. We have an unrivaled network of associates and partners, and the access to potential sellers we offer to clients looking to buy is second to none. The unique way in which we operate is tried and tested over many years, giving us the edge over our competitors when it comes to maintaining our incredible closing ratios. Begin your journey with A. Neumann & Associates LLC today and look forward to having access to top-of-the-range business brokerage services that guarantee satisfaction and success to every client.
About A Neumann & Associates, LLC
A Neumann & Associates, LLC is a professional mergers & acquisitions and business brokerage firm having assisted business owners and buyers in the business valuation and business transfer process through its affiliations for the past 30 years. With an A+ Better Business Bureau rating, the company has senior trusted professionals with a deep knowledge based in multiple field offices along the East Coast and has performed hundreds of business valuations in its history. The firm’s competitive transaction fees are based on successfully completing transactions. For more information, please contact A Neumann & Associates at 732-872-6777 or firstname.lastname@example.org