Visa Programs

Information about The E-2 Investor Visa

An E-2 investor visa permits one to enter and work within the USA with regards to a financial investment that the investor will be managing, which requires their physical presence within the United States. An E-2 investor visa must be renewed every two years.

However, there is no cap on how many times it an E-2 investor visa can be renewed, so long as business relevant to their investments is conducted. These visas are only available to citizens of nations that possess a mutually negotiated treaty of commerce and navigation with the USA, and the investment must be sufficient to start and operate the business as described. UCIS uses a sliding scale to determine this number, so communicate with them prior to applying to avoid disappointment and lost time.

After activities relating to the management of this investment has been completed, E-2 visa holders must either return to their home nation or change their visa status. The holder of an E-2 visa may leave the United States at any time during their period of eligibility, provided that the work they are doing is relevant to the investment they are managing.

Information about The E-3 Investor Visa

Unlike the E-2 visa, the E-3 visa is obtainable only by citizens of Australia. This visa class was brought about by an act of Congress in 2005 as one of the outcomes of trade negotiations between Australia and the United States.

Unlike other classes of work, business and investment visas, spouses of E-3 investment visa holders may pursue employment in the United States without any restrictions placed on those in other visa situations. Like the E-2, the E-3 is renewable in two-year increments and indefinitely, but the application process is much more efficient, making it easy for Australian professionals to seek out gainful employment in the USA.

Information about The EB-5 Investor Visa

Established in the wake of the recession of the early 1990s, the EB-5 investor visa provides a vehicle for foreign investors to obtain a green card for themselves, so long as they invest in the United States and create jobs in the process.

Those pursuing this avenue must invest $1,000,000, or $500,000 in a Targeted Employment Area where high unemployment is 150% above the national average, or in rural areas. The end result of this cash infusion must produce or preserve at least 10 jobs for US citizens, not including themselves or their family.

Permanent residence is granted for two years, on the condition that evidence is submitted within 90 days that the investment has been deployed in full and that 10 jobs have been saved or created, or 10 jobs have been created or will be done so within an imminent time frame.

Please note that our firm does not provide visa services, but that said services can only be provided by professional immigration attorneys subject to your qualification review. Please for a list of recommended immigration attorneys.


Contact A Neumann & Associates, LLC

If you are considering selling your business, please contact us to learn more about our comprehensive service spectrum. Our experienced professionals will answer all your questions about selling a privately held business in complete confidentiality. Please to fill out a short form, or call us at (732) 872-6777. We will contact you directly and will never identify ourselves to your employees.

Other Services

Get Help Today!
Experienced M&A Advisors available